FEBRUARY 2000 | VOL. 4, NO. 2
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
So you're an '80s surviver? You wore the teased hair and acid washed jean jackets. You tucked your ripped jeans into your aerobic socks. You wore high-top Ponys or Adidas with parachute pants. You had a Samantha Fox or a New Kids on the Block poster on your wall. Thursday nights were tied up by Family Ties and the Cosby Show.
You're a child of the indulgent '80s? Test how much you remember of Firebirds, Atari and the A-Team by answering these questions (answers are on page two). People may look at you a little funny if you get them all right, but you won't care (after all you still have friendship bracelets stored away just in case).
1. The two most important Corey's of the 80s are
2. "Take on me" is a song by
3. Name three movies Molly Ringwald was in
4. Name one movie Jennifer Beals was in
5. Who does the number 867-5309. belong to?
6. Jo and Blair belong to which TV show?
7. Name two movies Anthony Michael Hall was in
8. Name one of Alex P. Keaton's (right) siblings
9. Name three members of the A-Team
10. The lead singer of the Culture Club is
11. Who wanted us to wake them up before we "Go-go"ed?
12. Gargamel's trusty feline sidekick is
13. Who played Axle Foley?
14. David Lee Roth was replaced by who as lead singer of Van Halen?
15. Who wanted us to "Whip it"?
16. Complete this phrase: "Now I know, and knowing"
17. Who wanted us to "get loose, kick off your Sunday shoes"?
18. Name two 80s movies Kevin Bacon was in
19. What was flashdancer's day-time job?
20. Name three "Weird" Al Yankovic (right) songs
21. Name all six Brady children
22. What is an Atari?
23. Do you know all the words to "We Didn't Start the Fire"?
24. Do you know who sang "We Didn't Start the Fire"?
25. Who sang "Celebration"?
26. Which movie does "High Tower" belong to?
27. Name one member of Wham! (give yourself two points for both)
28. Who was He-Man's nemesis?
29. Who was the male lead in TRON?
30. Name two crew members of the Love Boat
31. Finish the title of this popular TV show: "You can't do that"
32. Who got into their car through the windows?
33. Name three Scooby-Doo characters
34. Who does David Hasselhof engage Turbo Boost on?
35. Who played Merlin in Top Gun?
36. Name two movies from the 80s that Madonna was in
37. Name three songs off of Michael Jackson's Thriller album
38. Name three songs off of Madonna's Like A Virgin album
39. What is Ferris' best friend's name?
40. Josie is to the Pussycats like Jem is to the
41. What are the names of the two "rich" boys in Pretty in Pink
42. The song "In Your Eyes" was in what movie?
43. Who was president for the greater part of he 80s?
44. What movie is the phrase "oily beau-hunk" from?
45. Name four 80s movies Tom Cruise (right) was in
46. Name two Culture Club songs
47. Spandeau Ballet is:
b. an 80s rock group
c. a garment that ballet dancers wear
48. The line: "This information cannot leave this room. It would devastate my rep as a dude." is from which movie?
49. What's the first name of the lead singer for animotion?
50. The movies Ghostbusters, Gremlins, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, and The Karate Kid all came out in what year?
51. The line: "I love my dead gay son" came from what movie?
[ ANSWERS ]